Follow Lesley on Twitter: @LAHinds      Email Lesley at lesleyhinds@edinburghlabour.com      Find out more about Lesley

Friday 24 February 2012

My wee car

I used our car the other day to go and see my mum in Dundee. Getting her shopping, lunch and a general catch up. It’s great for those kinds of trips – and of course I use it when I have to go out late at night for meetings. I don’t know how I’d manage otherwise.

But I was saying to my husband recently that so often it just sits there outside our house. I use the bus to get into my work at the City Chambers or to other meetings in the city centre. But paying all those costs for the car when it’s just sitting there is not so smart. There must be a lot of people like us. The City Car Club would suit me fine so I could just use a car when I needed it, but without all those costs when I’m not. But the Car Club doesn’t operate where I live. Pity.

(You’ll gather from this that I’m not one of those people for whom a car is something large and shiny that tells the world how rich and powerful you are! Just a way of getting about….)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your polite and constructive thoughts.